Moving a direct v box from one room to another is possible if you follow the proper steps. On an individual level, you must ensure that the next room you use has a preinstalled DirecTV cable wall outlet. Otherwise, you need to consult a technician to help install the necessary appliances.
The preinstalled cable wall outlet is a secondary cable that you need to remove from the TV box and fix again with the TV in the other room. The steps are complicated; you need to be careful if you are personally doing or consult a technician to help you fix the issue.
Well, you need not worry about how to move the TV box from one room to another. The article below covers some information you need to know to complete the process; after that are the frequently asked questions and the conclusion.
Steps of moving DirecTv box from one room to another
Moving a TV box from one room to another requires one to follow some instructions or steps to make work easier. The tools needed for the process can be the voltmeter, screwdrivers, and other components you need to know, or the technician needs to see if they are well equipped. Moreover, the next room should be clean so that no dirt can destroy the connection. Below are the steps you need to follow:
Techniques to use to move DirecTV box from one room to another
|Gather all the requirements needed for the moving process of the DirecTV box||To ensure that the technician has an easy time and that the needed materials are ready. The materials include a voltmeter, screwdriver, cable ties, etc.||Check Amazon for the best cable ties.|
|Switch off the DirecTV box from the primary power source||For safety purposes of the user||Check Amazon for the best voltmeter|
|Cut the connection of the HD receiver box from the main TV.||To remove the power cables, coaxial cables, and HDMI cables connected.||Check Amazon for the best video cables to use|
|Move all the appliances disconnected from the current room to the next room.||To empty the older room and move them to a new space for installation.||Check Amazon for the best screwdrivers to use|
|Install the DirecTV box in the other room||Establish a new connection in the new room and ensure that all cables are well connected.||Check Amazon for the best power cables to use for the new connection.|
i. Gather all the requirements needed in the process
Before carrying out any activity, the technician must ensure that they have all the requirements in the process. The requirements include: collecting all the materials used, such as tools for working like screwdrivers, voltmeter, cable ties, extra power cables, and other devices, ensuring that the room they are using is empty and that the installation is well done and ready for work, the DirecTV box is working well to reduce a time for fixing it again to work and other requirements.
ii. Switch off the DirecTV box from the primary power source
Ensure that you put off the main switch of the TV box from the primary power source to avoid the flow of electricity. Working with electricity can cause injuries to the user or the technician, which is dangerous to work with. When working with electricity, ensure you protect yourself with an anti static wristband.
iii. Cut the connection of the HD receiver box from the main TV
The process above contains some other steps you need to follow to make the action complete. The steps include:
1. Disconnect the power cable you are using from the TV box. Check Amazon for the best power cable to use.
2. Disconnect the coaxial cable from the TV box satellite using a screwdriver which removes it from the connector, which later you will remove the plug at the end of the line. Check Amazon for the best coaxial cable to use.
3. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV box and the receiver. Some TV boxes use an alternative to the video cable that you still need to disconnect from the receiver. Remove them at the terminal to ensure that they are not connected. Check Amazon for the best HDMI cable to use.
4. Remove any connection available, which can either be the Ethernet or phone cord you can connect to provide a network connection at home.
iv. Move all the appliances disconnected from the current room to the next room.
At this step, the user needs to ensure that you have disconnected everything and move them to the next room for a new connection to occur. Ensure that you have a DirecTV cable wall outlet in the next room of installation. Check Amazon for the best DirecTV cable wall outlet to use.
v. Install the DirecTV box in the other room
The process of installing the TV box fresh in a new room needs a few steps as listed below:
1. Using the coaxial cable connected to the other outlet, attach the other hanging end to the TV receiver’s box on the satellite port as the first connection.
2. Connect the HDMI cable using the hanging end to the receiver while the other is connected to the television. With TV boxes that lack the HDMI port, consider using video cables that work in place. Remember, the video cable has different colors that you need to monitor and ensure each cable color connects to the right place in the TV. For example, the video cable color blue relates to the receiver’s green port and the TV’s red port, respectively, green video cable to green receiver to the green of the TV, and blue video cable to a blue receiver to blue TV, respectively.
3. Fix the receiver’s box power cord to any power source and switch it on the TV for the DirecTV receiver to turn on.
4. Edit the video inputs of the TV by configuring it to work using the HDMI cable if the television has the HDMI ports. Otherwise, consider using the video cables for the process by connecting them to their respective areas without confusion. At this step, the user needs to be keen as they can touch everything, but the television is not working. With this process, consider using the television remote access by pressing its buttons to select the method you need to start.
5. Put the cables together according to their different groups and tie them using cable ties so that when one is passing by the room, they cannot cause an accident, and it ensures that the room is neat for the TV box to stay in place. Tying the cables ensures they can last longer while maintaining their connection to the receiver, power source, and television. Always ensure safety in every situation when operating the systems. Avoid accidents at all costs.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is the maximum number of televisions that can run using one DirecTV box?
One DirecTV box can run even two or more televisions since what matters most is the number of jacks and outputs the box has. It can run three televisions if the package has three jacks and three outputs. Therefore, when buying the DirecTV box and you have several televisions, check the number of jacks and works to choose one.
- What makes it easier to move the DirecTV box on an individual level?
Moving the box on an individual level is easier after mastering the colors of the video cables. The only thing needed is the presence of a DirecTV cable wall outlet fixed in the next room. It is always good to understand how the direct TV box works in general.
When moving the DirecTV box from one room to another, follow a few steps to help you move the device quickly. The guide provides the steps needed to carry out the process fast and how you need to connect the cables to work. However, after moving the TV from its current room to another, you will need to incur costs like adding new threads for use since the other one can be short or old and needs replacement.
Furthermore, you need to follow the manufacturer’s manual when installing the TV box in a new room to ensure that you are not skipping some activities. It is good to ask a professional to help establish the TV box in a new space since they know more about what is needed. Ensure that you use cable ties to tie the cables for a neat stay in the room.